Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back when I was in 5th grade my mom bought me a "brand new" bu-4, that was back in 99 (from my research I cannot find any buescher made in the 90's). I was always proud of it because of the buescher name and I thought it was a high quality instrument untill I started researching the model yesterday. Is this thing basically worthless, even compared to my moms vito from the early 80's. I guess if it is not as valueable than I had thought would I be better off selling or trading it in or keeping it for when I have kids later on in life?

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's a Taiwanese student horn. This was the first saxophone I had (given to me by an in-law whose son had started on it) and it was a good starter. Nothing special but intonation fine and mine at least is pretty solidly built - it had been heavily used by my nephew, I used it as my only horn for a year or so and now my son has been using it for over a year. He has not been gentle with it but it has only needed minor adjustments and a couple of pads replaced.

As to monetary value - dunno but I suspect it isn't a lot. Keeping it for when you have kids sounds like pretty long-range planning! They might not even want to play sax.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yep,

Just keep it. It will make a great starter sax for a student. What kind of sax do you play now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a student grade tenore conn 16m 2 years ago but from 7-12 grade I played bari. I play the tenor in the local city band and I have a far-fetched dream of someday owning a cannonball bari.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts