Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
I鈥檓 still pretty sure it鈥檚 a Kodama, as the other side of the lig doesn鈥檛 have the logo and has the same stitching as in the picture of Bob. But it is strange that the screw is on that side, maybe he flipped the lig backwards and put the screw on the opposite side?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
interesting! thank you for the picture.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The photo is probably mirrored.
it's not. that's a screenshot of the video.
I think what's more likely is that Ishimori has varied their design over time. these are handmade according to their website. also from their website, this color is for the alto HR Selmer mouthpiece. that's probably why he had to remove the reed supporting plate to make it fit on this metal tenor piece.
mystery solved! thank you

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Not my cup of tea but I can hear where you鈥檙e coming from.

Funny, in searching for more details on this ligature I browsed his several videos on his website. On each video he鈥檚 playing he uses a different setup! Pretty much every mouthpiece and ligature discussed in SOTW is featured :) and none is a repeat of the one on this thread.

Banned
Not my cup of tea but I can hear where you鈥檙e coming from.

Funny, in searching for more details on this ligature I browsed his several videos on his website. On each video he鈥檚 playing he uses a different setup! Pretty much every mouthpiece and ligature discussed in SOTW is featured :) and none is a repeat of the one on this thread.
His style of playing is not 100% my cup 'o tea either, but you can't deny his complete control of the horn and the expressiveness in his playing. You bring up a GREAT point, Guto.... Almost every video I've seen Bob play, he's playing on a different set up, yet sounds pretty damn much the EXACT same......great! Living proof that equipment is a smaller determining factor as to how we sound than what many of us think! Does it help us get "in the right direction"? Hell yeah, but it always boils down to the individual far more than the horn/mouthpiece/reed/neckstrap, etc., etc., blah blah blah...... ;-) Which reminds me that I need to get off this interwebs thing and practice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts