Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gaah - my guitar fell off its strap today (only a couple of feet off the floor as I was switching on a recorder at home). Big crack right across the neck at the nut.

I've been playing 42 years and never done any serious damage to an instrument even at gigs - this, by sod's law, was the handbuilt resonator made for me by a friend.

Fortunately one of the best repair shops in the world is only twenty miles away, and they seemed very confident on the phone that all would be well. I guess they won't be hammering out the dent...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to hear about your instrument - I dont have a clue about guitars but when you mention the best repair shop in the world on your doorstep I thought you were referring to my workshop! lol but seeing as its a guitar I am assuming you mean Mansons.

Ive heard good things about them and they have a good reputation.
Maybe I should have said the second best repair shop in the world - but I'll probably drop the washing machine next and neither of you will be any help! Mansons it is, and if they're good enough for my hero Martin Barre they'll do for my Alvin Davies resonator. It's a nice guitar:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts