Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently received my FL ult ligature from wwbw. the plate does not make full contact with the reed. only the sides, so its like a rail ligature. is that how it's supposed to be?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
FL ligatures are the most expensive piece of crap I've ever seen. They look ugly don't hold consistent reed position are a nightmare to set and when they look like they're breaking in, they're just breaking appart.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
FL ligatures are the most expensive piece of crap I've ever seen. They look ugly don't hold consistent reed position are a nightmare to set and when they look like they're breaking in, they're just breaking appart.
+1 to that

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
My BG metal jazz ligature just broke today and that looked solid,arggggggghhhhhhh

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ok, I'm just a cadet in the company of a few generals here, but cadets have permission to speak from time to time I hope.:)

I've been using an FL lig on tenor for around 6 years now after getting totally teed off with umpteen other 2 screw types, and I find it simple to set in seconds, it holds the reed much more firmly than any 2 screw lig I've tried, it seems to me to give the reed a much freer feel, and despite what some people have said of them, I've found my FL to be pretty bomb proof too. Mine's even bee squashed and it pulled back into perfect shape, no problems, and the cap's been stood on, sat on, generally misused and abused and it 'aint broke yet.

So you've got to speak as you find and I'd recommend FL ligs to anyone and oh, by the way, the rising star sax player in the UK at the moment, Amy Roberts, good 'ol Cornish girl of course, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIOpVEG6grQ. ) uses an FL lig on her C Melody alto, so if it's good enough for her............!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts