Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I have a Brillhart Ebolin with Tenor with the serial # 030167..would anyone have any idea as to the vintage of this mpc

Thanks Steve

·
1,877 Posts
Steve,

Not alot of info on these. No real Brillhart ser# charts out there. I'd say 60's but not particularly rare. These can play just as nice as the Tonalin counterparts if you find a good one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
1967. Specifically March 1, 1967

The tonalins and the ebolins are the exact same mouthpiece. Only the colorant used was changed.

·
6,862 Posts
Mike Cesati said:
These can play just as nice as the Tonalin counterparts if you find a good one.
Hey Mike,
While we're at it:). I've just acquired a Tonalin Tenor 5 (while/yellow colour), ser #127750. Keeper?

Rory

·
1,877 Posts
Where are you guys getting the dates on these??? I thought that there wasn't a serial # chart that existed???

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,120 Posts
it is more fun this way. Actually these Brilharts are pretty nice for Tenor. I have a tonalite,well centered. I think the older facings are more open that stated in the current lists.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
The later ones use the date as the serial number. The older ones have four digit serial numbers. The ones with the easy to figure out date are from Carlsbad if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hurling Frootmig said:
The later ones use the date as the serial number. The older ones have four digit serial numbers. The ones with the easy to figure out date are from Carlsbad if I remember correctly.
What about a five digit number? My tenor Ebolin is 62437. I can't see a likely date anywhere in there.

Stefan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts