Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....I have both a Levelaire and Tonalin for tenor. Both are in excellent condition, Level aire is from the 70's and the Tonilin is a 5 digit Great Neck, both are 3's. What I'm trying to figure out is how much they are worth, I've seen prices all over the place and ridiculous!!! Can anybody give me an idea as to what they are worth?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,966 Posts
Mid-'70s is a great vintage for a Level-Air and a mint tenor 9* can go maybe $250. Yours is a 3 which is not very popular and of course 'excellent condition' means many things to different people. I'd guess probably $150.
A Tonalin 3 is a more desirable piece so I'll guess $200.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks saxman...the excellent condition is based on what someone at a music shop had told me, any bite/teeth marks have been filled in, and minimal marks else where on both pieces. I'm just trying to get a reasonable $$$ to possibly sell. Thanks again!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,147 Posts
My guess is about $75 for the LA and maybe $350+ for the Tonalin if it doesn't have a cracked shank. The 3 would be a good basis for a reface if wanted.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,249 Posts
I have searched my spreadsheets, and found prices realized on ebay during ten years. For Great Neck tenor Tonalin tip 3 and 3* mouthpieces were sold for between 60 and 170 USD. (Far too cheap, in my opinion.)
Sorry for the bad news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts