Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an old Brilhart tonalin bari piece that's been lying around for 15 years. I don't like it and want to move it on but someone told me they're super rare.

While I want it to go to someone who'll enjoy it, the idea of being ripped off really scares me and as a result I've never sold it.

I need money atm and am considering selling it and some other pieces but have no idea what it's worth. Does anyone know? It's in original condition.

Thanks.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
1,901 Posts
Would you post some pictures of it, or describe it in more detail? Some have serial numbers and other markings, and there should be a facing number on it also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yeah, good idea. It's a 6 tip opening, which sounds pretty open for an old mpc. Also says Tonalin on the shank, and the serial no is 171691. I'll try and attach a few pics now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted these from my phone, hope they work. The lig looks like an old stock lig, not original? There's a tiny notch at the front of the tip but it still has compression and plays well, I just don't like the feel of it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,110 Posts
It's a beauty, that's for sure! I'd be interested, but it probably IS worth more than I could realistically throw at it. Well, without first unloading a bunch of the mouthpieces I don't play either! :D

I'll be interested to hear what it's worth these days, good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to let you know when I put it up. It was in a high school it's whole life and the horn was in mint condition so I guess neither was ever played.

It's a beauty, that's for sure! I'd be interested, but it probably IS worth more than I could realistically throw at it. Well, without first unloading a bunch of the mouthpieces I don't play either!

I'll be interested to hear what it's worth these days, good luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,906 Posts
I’m not sure that the baritone tonalins are all that sought after.
Some people pay a reasonable amount for the tenor and alto pieces, but Ive not seen the plastic Baritone pieces sell for much.
The Designed by Arnold Brilhart Hard Rubber pieces and the Hard Rubber Personalines are rarer and in my experience play a whole lot better.
These are generally quite expensive when they do come up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool, thanks guys. Theo's page is very helpful. Take the stress off knowing it's not that exciting

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,110 Posts
It still remains exciting to me... :D

It certainly has to be worth more than most run of the mill pieces. Although they aren't wildly popular, they are still pretty rare (especially with no cracks in the shank). Shoot, if you decide to let it go and figure out a fair market price, give me a shout. <As I shake my head for lack of willpower>

·
Registered
61 Posts
Slightly old thread, but these are really nice mouthpieces! Not all that desirable, but a sweet sound. Do you still have the mpc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts