Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the C.S.B. facing on a Brilhart Tonalin alto piece? I have one and had no idea what the C.S.B. meant, but a recent ebay auction for one showed the box which had C.S.B. printed on the box for the facing. I'm still curious what the letters signified. The mouthpiece has no other facing designation.

·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if any of our newer posters were familiar with the C.S.B. facing on Brilhart alto pieces. Any information out there?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Could it have something to do with "Carlsbad"? It seems that I have seen some Brilharts listed on ebay as "Carlsbad" Brilharts. I would assume that is where he set up shop at some point.

·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've wondered about that as well, but the C.S.B. is there instead of a facing. In fact, the facing on the box is listed as C.S.B. I think I'll try some new tools I recently received and try to establish the facing length and tip opening.

·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep bringing this thread to life every once in a while to see if any new readers know anything about the Brilhart C.S.B. facing. Any Brilhart students out there?

·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's my Quarterly re-inquiry about the Brilhart C.S.B. facing on a white Tonalin Alto piece! Does anyone have a clue what this was?

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,322 Posts
Here is a picture of mine, click to enlarge:

The cap says Brilhart on it, and the ligature is the inverted style and it says "Brilhart Special". Vertical machine marks on the table. Nice playing piece, tip opening .071, no tip opening stamped anywhere, and no serial number.

Anybody have any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts