Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eyes peeled for weeks hoping to spot one of these neat caps that would fit a standard Ebolin or Tonalin. All that seems to show up are ones that fit Streamline (marked T S on the inner tip of the cap).

I was beginning to think that brilhart never made plastic cap for the fat body pieces until I found this. It is marked (T E) on the tip. I presume this means "tenor Ebolin" ? I know it is pretty geeky of my to care but I think it looks smashing with an iverted ligature and it is very functional. Another think I like about these caps is that they are very flexible compared to many other plastics. Almost like Tupperware so they are unlikely to break if dropped or squashed.

Brilharts are a crap shoot, but I have to say if you find one with a facing that agrees with you, the can sound and feel spectacular!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I've got two for alto, one marked "AL" and one marked "AS". Unfortunately they don't fit my over Rovners, and I'm not willing to spend the $$$ on an original lig or one of the copies so I've never used them. Maybe someday.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,600 Posts
I have one that doesn't have any markings on the tip, but came in a "Carlsbad" tenor box. I don't think I ever had the tenor mouthpiece, just the cap and box. Actually, I also have a second Carlsbad box, also empty. How do I end up with this stuff? One box is for serial no. 96570, a 4 star facing. Check your mouthpiece! You may have the lucky number and win an empty box!

Mark

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
I get just as good a tone out of my generic new plastic cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts