Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I recently found this old brilhart ebolin streamline mouthpiece serial #5135 in an old mouthpiece drawer and I'm trying to figure out if the ligature is an actual brilhart ligature too. It seems to match the mouthpiece (because streamlines are thinner mouthpieces) but i can't find anything online about the ligature which I was recently told might be worth a decent amount of money. The other brilhart ligatures seem to have different colored reed plates and I can't seem to find any pictures or mention of ones with black plates. It has no markings on it so I'm starting to assume it might be a brilhart too.

I've been playing the mouthpiece/ligature combo (it came with a matching mpc cap too) recently but after being told how much it might be worth I'm more inclined to sell it or something. I was wondering if you all know anything more about this? thanks!!

View attachment 216460
View attachment 216462

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think that is a Brilhart ligature alright. I don't know if the reed plates all had the same color though.
If it fits your Streamline it probably is an alto lig. I have several Streamlines that work great with an alto ligature.
However if it is an original that came with the Streamline when new then you will probably have a very rare
if not unique gem there. Does it have any markings on it?

That low serial # and the ligature line and the tip opening stamp on the table makes it a very early Streamline mouthpiece too.
How does it play? What tip opening is it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts