·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just joined the club!!!!

i got the whole set, Tonalin 6 mouthpiece serial # 132xxx

original cap...these are cool!!!

and the lig

I thought at first that the screws weren't original,but it matches the pictures posted by Runzoff on her Bari mouthpiece with 3 band lig post

as you can see there is no plastic reed plate either

....so this IS an original Brilhart 3 band lig...yes?!

how do these compare in value to the plastic screw,plastic reed plate versions???

enough of the collector garble...WOW this plays great!!!...I liked it very much at first,but suspected i could get the same sound out of my Selmer lig....
by sliding the lig down as far as possible with the selmer,I did basically get the same sound! but then when I put on the brilhart again,the concentration and core of the sound was just 3x better!!!

this playtest was done on my favorite,but hardest to play Zimmeroff HR House of Note CV 7* mouthpiece

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
Value wise, I would say they are about 1/4 what the 3 band with the plate or the double B goes for. I have the Kenny Garrett style and double B for clarinet.

I have had a couple like that one, but both had different screws from those you are showing.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Anybody knows where to get OK-looking replacement screws?

I also have the all-metal, no-inscription one, alas it only has one screw. Looks very well made, like a tank. Lots of long scratches on it that I figure must be "original."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts