Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reached a point where I honestly think my Jumbo Java is too bright for me (didn't see that coming with a Jumbo Java).

I think I would like something metal, for the feel and size. I want a baffle that is longer but lower than that of the Jumbo Java. I'm looking at a BARI gold but can't find one. I don't like how low the Beechler's baffle is, and especially with the chamber wart and expensive "customizing."

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
258 Posts
A Berg Larsen 1 or 2, possibly? Brancher B's or J's are also very good, and not too expensive. Even though its supposed to be the third-darkest mouthpiece they make, the J is quite bright... kind of like a Berg 1.5, but finished better.

Also, Weiner Music carries BARI Golds for SATB, the least time I checked.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I had a Jumbo Java refaced by Mojo. He did a great job on it! Tamed the baffle, among other things. It plays with a lot of power still but much warmer than before.
Otherwise, try Sakshama.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I've found the perfect solution. Brilhart Level-Aire.

1. I've never liked the extremely tiny metal alto profiles a great deal
2. It's only $103 at Mouthpiece Express
3. It's got the spoilers
4. I could actually sell my Jumbo with a ligature and not lose any money

Now, I can't seem to locate any tip charts for the metal Brilhart. There are many for the Hard Rubber Brilharts, which would mean I want a #7, but I don't know if the metals are any different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.