1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,021 Posts
godawful

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
The sad thing is that at times you can hear the sound change, as if he's messing with stuff trying to figure out the problem, and he still doesn't get it. Clueless. And this is the freakin' Grammy Awards! You'd think they'd hire somebody really good. If this guy can't cut it, what hope is there for us playing with a house sound guy at a club?

·
Registered
127 Posts
i do a sound borad for a local band that plays a few times a year, all (usually) at no pay. it's a loabor of love and fun.

recently they did an outdoor gig, and kept bitching at me about how bad they sounded where THEY where listening. I kept telling them they sounded spot on out in the audience area. Took several others, including a guy who has run sound boards, to tell them I had them dialed in perfectly.

One never knows...

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I'm doing the "dreaded loud outdoor gig" today at a blues festival. We play one set and the sound will probably be together by the end, as usual.
It always makes me realize how much I love my gigs where there is no sound man or microphone in sight.

After hearing that clip I understand why they don't have jazz on the Grammy shows any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts