Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you know any good breathing excerses to help me play long for each breathe. I have been playing flute for about 5 years, and I seem to be able to get a lot of notes out before I run out of breath. (my teacher is impressed with my capacity for air). So, when I started air I was thinking "Well, about one third of my air goes into my flute, I should be able to blow on the sax forever." But I can't seem to blow for that long.

Don't get me wrong, its not like a problem, just I notice I takes more breathes than my sax players around me and I was wondering if I can practice using my air more sufficiently.

Thanks,
opt

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Breathing Gym

Yes!...there is an excellent booklet, titled The Breathing Gym by Sam Pilafian and Patrick Sheridan (two of the worlds better tuba players.) This booklet was written for Band, Chorus, and Orchestral Winds, and is packed with various excercises to improve breath control and airflow.

The booklet is published by Focus On Excellence. Their webpage is located at www.focusonex.com.

It has helped me a lot. I hope it helps you.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts