Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,
I recently bought a mouthpiece, a "triple Brawler sonority 4*." I wanted to know if anyone has it and their opinions, the tip opening, that ligature use the reeds ... I play in a street band and I was looking for the biggest sound and projection.

The mouthpiece is to be used in orchestras before having amplification, because as the name suggests produces a very loud sound with a V-shaped baffle.

I post because they are poorly known and there is little written about them.

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,310 Posts
Man, that is interesting! never seen or heard of that one before. Let us know how it blows for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said I bought this mouthpiece because it looked a very sound volume and projection and knew of their existence. I saw some street band brought in (2 or 3) and one day I saw one of the forum "www.adolphesax.com" and I bought for 45 € ( a real deal).

This mouthpiece is "rare". Enclosure has a very large chamber and extremely small baffle with this V-shaped mouthpiece that I have also seen how the "Roc Britone". the form of blowing is very characteristic: You pull an air flow directions, taking quite a lot with the nozzle mouth. If you play hard, the mouthpiece emits a sound with very very great volume and projection.

It was made in USA in the 60's and now it's not widely used because there are a lot of mouthpieces that are more easy to play. I have never seen moutpieces with this volume and projection, more volume than a runyon jazz nº9 with spoiler and plasticover (nº3,5).

·
Registered
752 Posts
If someone's interested, there is currently a Brawler 5* for sale in France on leboncoin.fr

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
leboncoin.fr listing here. If somebody obtains one of these, please report back with a review, sound clip, more photos, et al.

Wonder if the design is patented?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts