Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents,
Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer?
I’ve heard their tenors are very well made, good mechanics and ergonomics and a great sound.
Opinions?
Thanks,
Tux

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hmm.... I've never heard of this brand before. If you do get a chance to check out their instruments, make sure to report your experience here.
For anyone curious, here's their site: http://shop.brasspire.com/bpt2gl.html

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've never heard of them, which immediately makes me suspicious, and their photos make them look cheap. Plus, $2,200 can get you a much better sax from a more established brand

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Hi gents,
Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer?
I’ve heard their tenors are very well made, good mechanics and ergonomics and a great sound.
Opinions?
Thanks,
Tux
Get one in your hands before you even think about purchasing one. Play it.

There are too many indicators here that they might not be of the best construction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guys, I have some updates.
It seems this japanese guy that makes those horns is in the industry for a while, he's good at making horns but probably not a very experienced business man, that's why the site doesn't look very appealing and there's a very little information.
We have a local store here and the owner of the store partnered with this manufacturer, the initial model wasn't of his liking, so they worked together on a custom model, built to his specific requests for quite a long time until he reached the desired product.
I'm talking about very good looking horns, butter soft mechanics, great sound, very comfortable ergonomics, ready to play right out of the box. I've played on a few of them in the store for a couple of hours until I've picked the one I sounded best on and I'm enjoying every moment I play on it!
It's like paying for entry level horn and feel like playing on a MKVI!
If you're around Tel Aviv some time, I highly recommend giving one of those horns a spin.
And always remember, go for the sound (I know, that's a slogan of another company, but it's still what I believe in before I knew it's someone else's slogan...)
Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts