Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- A really old clarinet with the name Bourdain Paris just came into my hands. It belonged to my father's friend's father, who was somewhat of a professional in his day. I'm primarily a saxophone player, so I don't know much about clarinets in general. Is anyone familiar with this make? If so, I would appreciate any information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Bourdain clarinet for 48 years, and I've been looking for more information on it. Mine doesn't say "Paris" anywhere. It was old when it was given to me, and I started on it when I realized I couldn't go to college back then without an orchestral instrument (sax didn't count). My teacher said that if I was serious about improving, I's need a new clarinet. It's made of wood and has a serial number D2398. The case looks original. I wouldn't sell it, but I would like to know if it's worth reconditioning. I saw one (reconditioned) on ebay for about $245, repaired with new case. One unfortunate thing is the Meyer mouthpiece I have for a Vito clarinet is too big to fit in the Bourdain. Did you notice that? Are all modern mouthpieces too big. I, too, would like any information on the clarinet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts