Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Cross referenced in case it wasn't a King)

I noticed the following on eBay a few days ago: -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120118613961

I sniped a bid, chancing a gamble that this might be something nice, then low and behold found that I had won it this evening.

The photo's are rather poor, but I wonder if anyone can identify it?

Once it arrives, then I will take some better photo's.

At 28" surely this is an alto.

Any advice would be welcome.

Many Thanks.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-

Super Moderator
Indian POS. The red keytouches give it away. Might make a good lamp. Definitely not baritone.

Sorry...

Distinguished SOTW Member
Somebody really ought to go to India and find this factory and ask them what they are trying to accomplish with these things. If the desire to make a decent instrument is there, somebody should give them a clue on how to copy a decent instrument. All the work that goes into a SSO with nothing to show for it is pretty sad IMHO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all, I have written to the seller advising him to read this link and have offered to pay his listing fees and withdraw from the sale.

This seller seems honourable and I hope that he will do the right thing.

Thanks everyone for saving me from buying a lemon.

Distinguished SOTW Member
Judging by the carefully chosen angles either the seller knows nothing about saxes, or does.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Despite three emails, it appears that the seller will not reply to them, yet knowing the information I have provided to him that the sax is a piece of Junk, he has re-listed it again, with identical description.

I tried to call him but his telephone number is not receiving calls.

Well there is not a lot more I can do now, I'm just grateful that everyone helped me out on here.

Now about that long lost very rare Selmer MVI..........lol:D :D :D :D

Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
He probably has a load of these things. I see some for sale in the UK but many are listed in India. They usually sell for less than $10 US with the shipping being over $100 US. They also produce a cheap herald trumpet, albert system clarinet in C and some Eb flutes with 4 or 5 keys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.