Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really is nice. Warms my tone a notch and seems to connect slurs well. Flexible. I have been using the Vandoran Inverted and also own Rovners, Bgs, selmer H. This is the best I"ve found so far. K

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,201 Posts
I'm VERY HAPPY with my Bonade inverted, I'm VERY HAPPY with my Bonade inverted, I'm VERY HAPPY with my Bonade inverted...
Besides, gold wouldn't look good on my Signature with the silver plated keys! :)

·
Undistinguished SOTW Member
723 Posts
deleted post - just noticed that this was posted in the clarinet section, so the ligature must be for a clarinet then. thanks...

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
4,982 Posts
I've tried so many ligatures inclduing ones from all makers mentioned in this thread so far. The gold Bay is one of the worst. Nothing wrong with the way it sounds, it's good, but it's very flimsy and tore from tightening. Not tightened harder than I ever tightened any ligature. It was obviously very flimsy just feeling it. Maybe they changed it since then, I don't know (mine wasn't new). I also really like the Vandoren inverted (Masters), I use that on bass clarinet (prefer it over all tyhe Optimum, leather and string from them). I just recently noticed they have a new one, similar but with one screw (more comfortable). Might try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts