Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found and bought a Conn 110M that is in very good shape. New pads and corks are being done right now and should be ready by early next week. I love the tone of my Couf over all the other horns I have. Anyone else have one of these Keilwerth made Conns? How is the tuning across the range of the horn?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
I have one of these...with SG roopads and big domes. Intonation is good with the right mouthpiece...I found that with STM Links it was a little dodgy, but seems pretty good with a Berg 105/2 and also good with a Ponzol. It's the best compromise between large bore, big bottom and focus/projection that I have found in a tenor, and the best keywork of the pre-SX Keilwerths IMHO. Mine is also the most voluptuous "Naked Lady" engraving that I have ever seen...

I also have a 108M alto. More traditional engraving.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Tom

Congratulations! These are supposed to be terrific horns. I'll be interested to hear how it compares with your Couf S1.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The NL engraving is great on this one too! I'll give a comparison to my Couf when it arrives. I have quite a few mpcs around that I can try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts