Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone!

So I posted a while ago about inquiring about the value of Walt Johnson Cases and I was blown away about how much they are worth and their recommendations. Soooooo I was emailed the same guy I bought the Tenor and Alto case from in Texas and he said he had a couple laying around...... sooooo I took a cheap flight down to see what he had.

So I got there and he has a pile on top of pile of empty boxes and peeking out in the mess was a Walt Johnson in new condition and one in the corner with a bit of dust but looked realllllllyyyyyyy good! So I dug for a bit and uncovered 6 Walt Johnson cases!

3 of them had no latches and were in horrible condition, one was in perfect external condition but had the inside padding taken out, and 2 were in perfect condition.

So I asked where the heck he got all of these and the man stated that he knew Walt Johnson extremely well and once the company shut down, the damaged and returned cases was given to him to store and ultimately Walt GAVE them to him because he didn’t need them anymore!

So I asked what he wanted for the decent conditioned ones and I purchased three of them and he gave me the one with the padded ripped out for free on top of it!!!!

So I just got 4 practically pristine condition Walt Johnson cases for $90!!

Thought I would share because I will be selling them on the market soon when I ship them back to Minnesota!
Jo

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Great deal, congrats! I thought my $97 Protec XL was a steal, but your deal must set some kind of record.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was quite a deal and worth the dirt cheap $60 plane ticket to Texas and back!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
If you'll be selling them here, it will be interesting to see your markup now that we know your TOTAL cost including airfare =P

This is why I usually keep my good finds to myself if I plan on selling them later.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,982 Posts
Yes, I mean on the one hand...very nice score.

On the other hand...kind of a strange thread to post if your intention is to sell them here (?)

·
2,853 Posts
Nothing wrong with making money on a great find but now you will receive a lot of crazy low-ball offers because everyone knows what you paid for them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing wrong with making money on a great find but now you will receive a lot of crazy low-ball offers because everyone knows what you paid for them.
Im always open to offers!

I know it was a risky thing posting about these cases since I am going to sell them but that is why I posted inquiring about their value because I had no idea. I did pay less for them but I did fly down from Minnesota, dig these out of a pile of boxes and crap, have to ship them back home which will cost maybe $200+ for the shipping not including insurance, and the time to clean them which I vacuum, wash, and making sure to sanitize them.

I was just so excited for this sale and thought I would share because there needs to be more happy news now days!
Wishing all you a great Friday!
Jo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,131 Posts
Great score!

·
4,580 Posts
Im always open to offers!

I know it was a risky thing posting about these cases since I am going to sell them but that is why I posted inquiring about their value because I had no idea. I did pay less for them but I did fly down from Minnesota, dig these out of a pile of boxes and crap, have to ship them back home which will cost maybe $200+ for the shipping not including insurance, and the time to clean them which I vacuum, wash, and making sure to sanitize them.

I was just so excited for this sale and thought I would share because there needs to be more happy news now days!
Wishing all you a great Friday!
Jo
Good attitude, I like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts