Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boss VE-20 vs. TC Helicon Voice Live

Would like to get people's opinions/experiences/preferences regarding the 2 voice processors referenced in the subject line. If you had to pick one, which of the two would it be and why?

Thanks in advance!

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
You may need to be a bit more specific about which TC Helicon unit. Many of the TC's would have a lot more harmony options than the Boss, I think.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I had edited the title to refer to the TC Helicon Voice Live, but in case it's not displaying the revised title, that is in fact the TC unit to which I'm comparing the VE-20.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I’ve used both. TC Helicon voicelive touch wins for me with easy access to settings onstage as it’s mounted on the mic stand. Has a good PC interface for programming, superb range of effects, and can be switched From dry to wet via the optional footswitch. I found the VE sounded far less authentic, and was a PITA to operate onstage.

I have two Voicelive Touches, one for sax chorus and one for vocal harmonies.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve used both. TC Helicon voicelive touch wins for me with easy access to settings onstage as it’s mounted on the mic stand. Has a good PC interface for programming, superb range of effects, and can be switched From dry to wet via the optional footswitch. I found the VE sounded far less authentic, and was a PITA to operate onstage.

I have two Voicelive Touches, one for sax chorus and one for vocal harmonies.
Thanks for your response. In terms of user friendliness, which one would you say has he edge? I’m not a pro player and only perform once a week at the most (church, weddings, etc.).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,254 Posts
For sax or singing?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Havent tried the boss, but I used The TC voicelive for a while now. Pretty straight forward. And like what toomanytenors said, 1 push of a button and you have dry signal. Also a weekender, church and church related gigs.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Havent tried the boss, but I used The TC voicelive for a while now. Pretty straight forward. And like what toomanytenors said, 1 push of a button and you have dry signal. Also a weekender, church and church related gigs.
Thank you. I recently bought a VE-20 and used it in church this past weekend. I liked it well enough, but it was rather inconvenient having to bend over to get to the unit on the floor at the beginning and end of my piece.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tc Voicelive Touch is by far the most user friendly, no more getting on your knees in the dark to change voice!
I might just cave and by a TC Voicelive even though I've barely had by VE-20 for a week. The fact that it's mountable on the stand is a huge draw to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do either of them have an envelope filter effect? I'm thinking of replacing my Digitech Vocal 300 with one of these or similar and I like that effect.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like my ve-20 & use it regularly when practicing; mixing sax mic + backing track in a mixer & listening thru sony mdr7506 headphones. i use the factory 'jazz' preset; anyone have other favorite ve20 setups for tenor? ...it sounds great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts