Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,718 Posts
FYI: Not to be confused with the Borgani "Jubilee" tenors...

·
Registered
273 Posts
There is a "Jubilee" Tenor here with tenor, with Berg Larsen mouth pce going for $700. Is that agood buy? Bad?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,718 Posts
There is a "Jubilee" Tenor here with tenor, with Berg Larsen mouth pce going for $700. Is that agood buy? Bad?
If it is a real Borgani Jubilee (look for a "J" in the serial number and double arms on the bow keys) that is a swinging deal. A new Borg' Jubilee is retailing at $5000 in the U.S. Even if it needs an overhaul, it could be a wonderful horn. I had an silver pearl Jubilee (s/n < 1000) and currently play an 18xxx series - both excellent horns with their own voices. Try it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes definetely pre Jubilee, still a nice horn!

And also I agree, a Jubilee at $700 should be snapped up (although if that's an auction it will definetely go up!).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes definetely pre Jubilee, still a nice horn!

And also I agree, a Jubilee at $700 should be snapped up (although if that's an auction it will definetely go up!).

Cheers
I have both a Ponzol and a Jubilee Borgani tenor.

I have played this very horn. To sum it up. It has the the body of a Jubilee and the key-work of a Ponzol. (Plus high F#, & minus the small bridge arm from low F, found on both the Ponzol and the Jubilee.)
It plays very much like my very early Jubilee. It has an amazing high end.

Kind Regards.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If it is a real Borgani Jubilee (look for a "J" in the serial number and double arms on the bow keys) that is a swinging deal. A new Borg' Jubilee is retailing at $5000 in the U.S. Even if it needs an overhaul, it could be a wonderful horn. I had an silver pearl Jubilee (s/n < 1000) and currently play an 18xxx series - both excellent horns with their own voices. Try it.
In that case, it's more likely to be some kind of a cheap Chinese "Jubilee". But I'll go and have a look.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
In that case, it's more likely to be some kind of a cheap Chinese "Jubilee".
Or It may well be like this one...This is just a Borgani tenor that pre-dates both the Jubilee and the Ponzol. I would take someone with you that Know's this brand.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Called the guy. It's a East Germany made (from the Weltklang factory). It was too good to be true :)

I tried Weltklang many years ago. Good for beginners, but not so good for advanced ...
OK the mpc is good for $200, but the SH $500 poor quality sax...I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts