Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'd love to hear some opinions/reviews.

Also, does anyone know if Corrado is still manufacturing them himself or are they made exclusively by Borgani now?

Thanks guys!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,046 Posts
I think I need one...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have one for tenor. I like them. They are based on the 50's selmer ligatures used on clarinets and saxophones.
The articulation is great, is very easy to use (there are no risk of one screw being to tight, or more than the other, or less).

They work with every mouthpiece for every horn (only soprano are different)

Downside, the price...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,907 Posts
I have one and use it. Good lig, works equally well on tenor and clarinet.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have one and use it. Good lig, works equally well on tenor and clarinet.
All saxes and clarinet (except soprano - needs a different one)
I would like to test a vintage one too.. :bluewink:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
I've had plenty of the original Selmer Magnatone models over the years. No big whoop, they're pretty easy to break---a good brass 2 screw lig is better.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've had plenty of the original Selmer Magnatone models over the years. No big whoop, they're pretty easy to break---a good brass 2 screw lig is better.
Do you think modern borganis sound the same in comparison?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All saxes and clarinet (except soprano - needs a different one)
I would like to test a vintage one too.. :bluewink:
So it's adjustable to the point where it fits nearly any sax mpc? (except sop)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just because joe plays one! Haa
It's not true... mark turner used one long time ago, long time before borgani start making new ones.
My teacher also started using one long before that... there was a italian guy o made them, before borgani started to commercialize them in big scale (the same ligatures). I still have that guy mail... when i contacted him he said that now i need to buy from borgani...i didn't liked it...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yeah but mark turner doesnt endorse borgani does he?

I am saying the reason brogani is making a copy is cuz joe was using the selmer magnitone.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
there was a italian guy o made them, before borgani started to commercialize them in big scale (the same ligatures). I still have that guy mail... when i contacted him he said that now i need to buy from borgani
I bought a couple of them from the Italian guy before the Borgani ligs came out. I think I paid 15 or 20 bucks each. Apparently he is the individual that is making them for Borgani.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought a couple of them from the Italian guy before the Borgani ligs came out. I think I paid 15 or 20 bucks each. Apparently he is the individual that is making them for Borgani.
and now Borgani feels the need to jack up the price to 70 bucks a lig..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
and now Borgani feels the need to jack up the price to 70 bucks a lig..

Exactly!! that's why i didn't like!... yes borgani bought the patent or something to be the only seller... i prefer small bunisses on this things but what can we do?...
Selmer should make them, not borgani...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts