Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Described as a 135 Pearl Gold, like new, was a demo at a trade show. What would be a decent price? Pix look really cherry, but they are low rez.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it up originally for $3k then a couple weeks later dropped the price to $2800. Too rich for my blood, but a beautiful looking horn. Ad gone now. Maybe someone here got it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,121 Posts
Not bad for a little-used horn that sells for $5k+ new.

·
35,121 Posts
Did you see the two-tone sop at TenorMadness.com?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
35,121 Posts
Thats niceeeeeee.Theres a gold plate borg jubilee alto on ebay.co.uk here and its got no bids yet,wish i had the dosh.
Hmmm, I just took a look at that and am surprised to see the amount of wear on the gold plate.

·
35,121 Posts
Low starting bid but there's a reserve as well - no telling how optimistic the seller is about the value.

Jump in there!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,903 Posts
A friend of mine is a great believer in having a secret paypal account. New saxophones are easily disguised as old ones if delivered at your work address and appear amongst an already large collection :bluewink:

·
Registered
446 Posts
A friend of mine is a great believer in having a secret paypal account. New saxophones are easily disguised as old ones if delivered at your work address and appear amongst an already large collection :bluewink:
Works particularly well if they are all same colour. Also works with rifles, if they all look the same and you have no more than one out of the safe at a time.:whistle:

·
35,121 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
She found out about my secret debt.She was not happy i can tell you.Saying that she has just bought me a new sax case today so its not all bad.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, when I got rumbled, my wife demanded to see all my past CC statements... needless to say I managed to misplace them, very careless!
Also, the loft (aka "sax depo") is faaar too dangerous for her to climb into...

M.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
My wife knows when she walks past me and she hears the sudden click of me changing my lap top page to the home page.My guilt ridden face trying to avoid her glare.As my kids are now leaving the nest i have got my music room sorted at last and its a great place to hide my treasure.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
you need to work on your poker-face (seen the avatar I thought you could manage that! )
Your right there.I must admit she has been good over the years for putting up with my huge gas attacks,if the shoe was on the other foot i would be going mental long ago.Yes we are a funny breed us blowers of bendy metal things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts