Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes i did buy one 6 month ago, i dis’nt like it at all, it is cheaply made I found and there is a big lack if control. Very edgy with no deepness in it. I don’t recommend buying one, I returned mine as soon as I got it.

·
Registered
Selmer Mark VI tenor (1963) and alto (1965), Selmer Serie 3 tenor 2005, T.K. Melody soprano
8 Posts
My 2 cents... I have no idea what a real Guardala Brecker II plays like, but I bought one of these in early 2021. I like it very much and find it very punchy and easy to play. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
Black Laquer La Sax Soprano, Again, Black Laquer Selmer super action 80 serie II, and
125 Posts
I bought one of the copper colored New York Something or otherFor my alto. And to be honest it's my favorite piece today. I've never had a mouthpiece seal the way this one does with reads of all kinds. And I really just love everything about it. It's a little bit darker than my Meyer 5 AM, and the workmanship at least on mine is second to none. Which may sound odd to others, as I've heard of some people having major consistency issues with their's. But like I said mine is just a wonderful mouthpiece

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the Borb Oliver Brecker II mouthpieces
Yep! I love this piece. I've had it for over a year now. It's been really easy to play, sounds loud and ballsy. I even got compared to Brecker himself at my most recent gig (yeah, as if! ).
I have their Pop Master (ARB copy) for alto, and it sounds great as well. Well worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts