Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a Behringer Thunderbird Bx108 (15 watt) bass amplifier for my Band in a Box accompaniment . It takes my computer output directly. It also produces a great sound and it has enough power for the small venues that I will perform in. However, I really need a CD player for a more polished performance. Are there any boomboxes that have a comparable sound and volume to my Thunderbird?

Thanks,

Charlie

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
Why do you you need cds?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Computers are easily stolen and expensive to replace - a boombox is not as desireable a target. And I would still need some sort of amplifier.

I need cds because I do not have live musicians for accompaniment. Are you suggesting that there is a better way? I do keep hoping.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
Laptop, ipad...No need for CDs. With a laptop running BIAB, you can choose your key and tempo in the 'moment'...even change feel. With CDs you're locked in.

Ipad can sit on a music stand.

For an amp, how about the Roland CM30 cube?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
JVC makes big boomboxes that are cylindrical have a dedicated knob for bass(it is a MASSIVE subwoofer) as well as volume has a lense that reads ALL my scratched cds AND tada.... a 1/4 inch input plug for guitar,bass,keyboard....microphone......whatever

i love this thing !!! i use it ALL the TIME in my studio, livingroom,gigs there's one model that has synsonics style drumpads on top too!! oh yeah,can run on batteries as well

big heavy mutha!!! I recommend them highly can be had for around 225 on ebay

·
Registered
140 Posts
You might consider an MP3 player over a CD player. Many small amps have an RCA-stereo input that you can hook up to, and some sort of mixer arrangement. If your Behringer can handle a computer input, it can also handle an MP3 player with the right cable -- but 15 watts isn't much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts