Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the inverted Bonade the one with the screws on the reed or on the other side of the mouthpiece?
Which is best, the inverted one or the standard one?

Thanks

·
Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I found the answer: The inverted Bonade ligature holds the reed on the opposite side from the ligature screws.

Which one do you guys prefer?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
I have both for soprano . . . my Bonades have little longitudinal bars to be placed against the reed, and the bars are on the top side or the bottom side in relation to the screws, if that helps others understand how we know which is reversed, etc.

Neither matters as far as I'm concerned. And not to restart the other thread about if it really matters, I've found the Bonades to nearly equal to the stock Selmer metal ligs with two screws. I think much of my results comes from the time of day, the reed's condition when I play it, and where the moon is in relation to the sun. DAVE

·
Registered
976 Posts
The rails on the inverted lig will always lay on the reed at the same point. The standard's rails will lay on the reed at varying points, depending on the thickness of the reed. On a thin reed the rails may be very close to each other, & vice versa on a thick reed. Be careful breaking in an inverted, as they can gouge the top of your mpc badly, depending on their new state of finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts