Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
this looks like a repeat of a thread a couple of weeks ago. maybe just copy those and put them here

so if the brass absorbed some spirit of the makers or anels or god, maybe we could get one of those aura photographers to take a few pic of mark sixes and others to check it out

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Were church bells used in creating bomb shells? Very few actually. Only from the churches that defied the Nazi regime. Steve is correct, though. They took many brass pieces from synagogues, mosques, schools, private residences, old tanks etc etc. There simply weren't enough church bells in all of the world that could have supplied the Nazis with ALL of the brass needed, let alone in France. Remember that the Selmer company bought out the Adolf Sax brass factory...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
Bombs and Church Bells sounds like a good song title for an Albert Ayler tune. maybe i'll use it..thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
And of course the Mark VII's were made from old toilet plumbing...
I understand that Keilwerths are made of old toilet plumbing. They don't clean it before start, to avoid altering the resonance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
PS I stand corrected, they remove the fecal debris attached to the old pipes and they recycle that for marketing purposes

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cool, I like it, technically true or not. Myths and legends don't need to be completely true to resonate. No Mark VI baris? Are there early versions back to Mark I? Maybe we can fold in WWI as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cool, I like it, technically true or not. Myths and legends don't need to be completely true to resonate. No Mark VI baris? Are there early versions back to Mark I? Maybe we can fold in WWI as well.
The first Selmers were made in 1922. But its an interesting idea...Adolphe Sax instruments made from recycled shell casings?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My apologies for the repeat threat, I searched "saxontheweb Bombs & Church Bells" and expect that to be sufficient.

I also apologize for boring any of you. I wasn't saying I agree, I just thought it was interesting and someone else might share in my interest.

-Bubba-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts