Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own a Boesken neck what is your set up. (please include Boesken model #)

Example:

Boesken NS 66
Tenor Keilwerth SX90r black Nickel
Sugal KW1
Rico Jazz Select 3s

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just bought a very curved neck made by boesken(like a king saxello's neck) from ebay to fit my yani s991 which I play with a EZed Buescher mpc and Hemke 3
(sorry I don't know the model)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Alright, a post I can respond to as I own one of these for tenor---

I own the bare brass tenor model for a Mark VI---I can't remember the number but its listed as the thin wall model. Using it on my 183,000 Mark VI with A Morgan 9 E or M and Jazz Select 3M filed reeds. Took me a while to get used to it, even the thin wall is darker (to me) but I really like it now...

ving

(After checking on the neck, the taper is marked as the 66H model)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had a custom Boesken neck for about three years now. It is a heavy walled bare brass 68 ish taper. Great solid sound that projects in large halls. Keeps the sound from breaking up over large distances. This neck, I find, is a little more resistant than my other necks. I have tried almost all of Stephan's necks when I bought this one. All were great but there was something about the bare brass heavy that worked for me. Stephan told me afterwards that Liebman, Brecker, and Lovano all liked the heavy walled bare brass.

Keilwerth Sx90R Nickel Silver Tenor
Jon Van Wie custom Florida Otto Link
Alexander Superial reeds

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I recently picked up a Bosken Nickel Silver tenor neck for my Couf Superba I. More resistant than my very free-blowing stock neck but it does a great job at smoothing out the tuning across the horn. Brighter than the stock neck with a nice ring to the tone.

Setup:
Bosken NS68H
H. Couf Superba I
Mojobari modified Guardala Studio mpc
Bari M "sanded" reeds

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does anybody know what the numbers MS66 2001 098 stamped on the side of a Boesken neck mean? Thin/thick walled? For a Selmer?

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Old thread but hey ho,

Bosken thin walled neck
82Z silver tenor
Sakshama MBII
Rico jazz select 2 hard reeds

·
Registered
101 Posts
Boesken copper neck on a Keilwerth SX90R. Better response, especially down low, and fatter sound than the standard neck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Boesken TO48H
Yani T880
Yani T500?
10MFan Merlot HR
Forestone 4.5 traditional reeds

Boesken neck really opens up the horns, especially the upper range. Love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts