Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Your link goes back to this forum. But Bob is known for playing a Hard Rubber Freddie Gregory Mark II.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
Yes, you need to put in the correct link. Anyway, I'd be surprised if it wasn't his FG Mark II.

By the way, I'm playing that exact same model as my main piece nowadays.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,896 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I think it is a Freddie Gregory too.

Though, as like "Jlima" said in my last thread, all of them are custom/different beeing the same supposed model I find it a little too much bright to be a MarkII. It sounds brighter to me than my Mark II/IV model, nearer my Mark IV.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,896 Posts
I think it is a Freddie Gregory too.

Though, as like "Jlima" said in my last thread, all of them are custom/different beeing the same supposed model I find it a little too much bright to be a MarkII. It sounds brighter to me than my Mark II/IV model, nearer my Mark IV.
That's what I was thinking also. It sounds more like it's in the Mark IV range of brightness but maybe Bob just plays on the bright side.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,037 Posts
I'm not sure of when that clip was taken. I drove Mintzer to and from his hotel once and he told me he play a small tipped link a long time ago- We were talking about his Chicken solo with Jaco at Budokan as I'd just played there.
But, his hair is not that 70's there :)

Why don't you email him and ask? He's the nicest guy and will probably respond.

·
5,880 Posts
I'm particularly curious about Bob's choice of reeds (brand, model and strength). Does anyone have information on this?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Vandoren V16s on his FG HR when I saw him here, strength either 3 or 3.5, don't remember which. That was a few years ago now.

·
5,880 Posts
Vandoren V16s on his FG HR when I saw him here, strength either 3 or 3.5, don't remember which. That was a few years ago now.
Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts