Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob Ackerman, I haven't seen any youtube demo's lately from this great sax enthusiast. Does any one know if he is still doing sax business?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Retired. I talk to Bob on the phone about 4 times a week and he is still very enthusiastic! Just done with the business. Always experimenting and playing though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
He is always experimenting with pieces. He frequently contacts me to send him some stuff to try out. God bless him. He’s very passionate about sound and playing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,376 Posts
Where is he these days? Used to see him around all the time, but it's been a few years.
He was in PA for a bit in the Water Gap, but he and Pam moved to Pawley's Island, SC a few years ago. He's had a lot of problems lately with playing. He crushed his pinky in a van a few years back making tenor and clarinet almost impossible even after physio and rehab. More recently he's cracked some ribs after taking a fall. That being said, I still get calls where we geek out about different chambers, facing shapes, classical music, politics etc. I was the last person to work in Bob's shop in Irvington after a long list that included Freddie Gregory, Ted Klum, Jon Van Wie and Adam Niewood. Felt like magic down there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts