Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Blues Workshop class for NY JAZZ WORKSHOP is playing their recital gig- and then there is a jam. Sunday May 22nd at 7PM Harlem NY.

The location is a new Club called Farafina Cafe Harlem,

http://www.farafinacafeharlem.com/, located at 1813 Amsterdam Avenue , and easly reachable with 1 , A, C, B and D trains a few blocks from the 145th street stop.

Jam Session at Farafina Harlem Cafe
Time: ‎7:00PM Sunday, May 22nd

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FWIW- A few SOTW folks IM'd me asking about the class etc ;

Time to play the BLUES.......with Tim Price

When it comes to jazz improvisation, there are some techniques you need to know, and the classic 12-bar blues is one of them. Tim Price takes the blues into applied practice with his orignal teaching materials which include exercises, chord progressions, tunes, and more. The focus of the class is on the basic chord types and application with blues lines in all keys and shapes.
Take your blues improvisation to a higher level by exploring the blues in 12 keys, and study the various effects on the saxophone in the blues. One great plus with this class? You can contact Tim through free SKYPE support! You'll get even more tips to keep you moving ahead.
Every Sunday at 2pm (2 hours)
Date: Ongoing
Fee: $ 175.00 every 4 classes, plus a one time $45.00 registration fee.
Faculty: Tim Price.
(between 6th and 7th avenue)
NOW RUNNING

I'm also thinking of doing a Charlie Parker ensemble too- I just need to get it going.

ANYHOW HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts