Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m playing one night at BB’s in KC on March 8 - if anyone wants to come out and play Bari just for fun, you’d be welcome. Old school Jump, Swing, and straight ahead Blues. I’d love to stay over and play Saturday if anyone has a gig, or even just to get out to listen if you’re playing. It seems like a waste just to fly in for a day if something good is going on...

If it matters I’m told the players are all heavyweights so it should be fun. I doubt they’re rehearsed, but if you know the language I’m sure it will be a blast. The band leader works pretty often, so it’d be a good networking opportunity too...

...anyway - lunch? A jam? A meet and greet? Whatever. Just thought I’d put it out here in case anyone is interested.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok....doesn’t anybody play blues saxophone in KC anymore? The city used to be a blues Mecca back in the day...Maybe all the sax has been taken over by guitarists and / or harmonica players...

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
David Valdez and Matt Otto are in KC. I don't think they'll be playing blues, though. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts