Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SOTW!

It's been about a year since I started plotting a mobile shop. I've been up and running with it for several months now, still working mainly between NYC and VA, but with several jaunts around the country sprinkled in there. It's still not the prettiest thing in the world, but darn if it doesn't already to the trick! Many cosmetic improvements to come, but here's the teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZqazodqkJs&feature=youtu.be

All the best!

Dos

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,256 Posts
Amazing! Very best of luck!

·
Registered
Primarily Tenor with occasional Alto
1,560 Posts
Great idea. You might consider having your shop set up for New Orleans Jazz Fest at the fairgrounds. You would have one of the highest per capita amounts of horn players there than just about any other event where you got players coming from all over to perform in high humidity conditions and I'll bet a lot of them needing some pads replace/reseated and adjustments from all the bumps of roadwork. Also in summer at Vancouver Jazz Fest too in Canada!

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,260 Posts
Your shop reminds me of an earlier time in my life. During the CB radio craze of the 70s, when I was a young college student, my dad lost his lease on a space in a major truckstop where he sold and serviced CB radios. He acquired a retired school bus and built a really nice radio shop in it. But his heart wasn't really in it and when the shop was about ready to go live he started up the engine and it threw of rod. That was the final straw and he decided to do something different. He passed away in 1992 and I believe the old bus is still sitting where he left it.

You look like you've really thought this out and you have quality equipment that won't let you down. You've taken your shop in a great direction with the solar power and battery storage. Good thinking. Finding someone willing to let you run and extension cord for power isn't easy. One thing, does it have air conditioning? I didn't see the typical roof unit.

http://www.mortaljourney.com/2010/10/1970-trends/cb-radio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts