Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Next week, I'll be taking the Mobile Repair Unit for a spin. I'll start in NY, turn around in LA, and end up back in NY within a couple of weeks. Stops along the way already include Atlanta, Kansas City, New Orleans, San Diego, Missoula, Boulder, and a few places that will surely have no saxophones to repair but will have great rocks to climb :) If you think you're somewhere along that path and that you'd like to get your horn checked out, send me a PM. I will warn you that you may be forced to endure a live banjo backing track while testing your horn, but aside from that I offer solid repair work, at your door, at a reasonable price. I'm most interested in being able to do more of the things I currently like doing most which are playing saxophone, fixing saxophones, and climbing rocks, and there is a good chance these habits of mine might be beneficial to some of you :) The van's not done, but here's what it looks like now from inside and out, and it's close to what you'd see if you called me at this point. I have everything I need to do complete restorations, dent work, silver soldering, manufacturing of parts from scratch, the whole 9 yards. Don't hesitate to write me with ridiculous inquiries, I'll probably get a kick out of it!

View attachment 217864 View attachment 217866

If you want to see what two great jazz tenor players living and working in NYC sound like when forcibly accompanied by a beginner banjo player, take a gander at my Instagram! @blueridgehorns

Until then,

Dos

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,263 Posts
Dos recently made a housecall to Chez Budget with the Mobile Repair Unit - it was awesome and he got my horn purring!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I may take a ride up to see you when you get back to Virginia. Of course, I'll have to save my pennies for a while. :)
Are you splitting your time between NY and VA when you're not on the road?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there GT! I spend most of my time in VA, actually. I grew up in Etlan, and still have my family's place available to me to continue working on the van, so I'll be here quite a bit until it's finished. The runs to NY and elsewhere are primarily to pickup/dropoff horns. I pass through your neck of the woods from time to time and would be happy to swing by sometime in late Oct/early Nov when I get back.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,027 Posts
Psst... San Diego isn't along the way! I do like the concept and cool to combine your work with fun, enjoy!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hi there GT! I spend most of my time in VA, actually. I grew up in Etlan, and still have my family's place available to me to continue working on the van, so I'll be here quite a bit until it's finished. The runs to NY and elsewhere are primarily to pickup/dropoff horns. I pass through your neck of the woods from time to time and would be happy to swing by sometime in late Oct/early Nov when I get back.
That would be very cool. I don't think I'll be ready to spend any serious money by then but I do have some stuff I'd like your opinion on. Especially a Kohlert 57 tenor...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts