Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Next week, I'll be taking the Mobile Repair Unit for a spin. I'll start in NY, turn around in LA, and end up back in NY within a couple of weeks. Stops along the way already include Atlanta, Kansas City, New Orleans, San Diego, Missoula, Boulder, and a few places that will surely have no saxophones to repair but will have great rocks to climb :) If you think you're somewhere along that path and that you'd like to get your horn checked out, send me a PM. I will warn you that you may be forced to endure a live banjo backing track while testing your horn, but aside from that I offer solid repair work, at your door, at a reasonable price. I'm most interested in being able to do more of the things I currently like doing most which are playing saxophone, fixing saxophones, and climbing rocks, and there is a good chance these habits of mine might be beneficial to some of you :) The van's not done, but here's what it looks like now from inside and out, and it's close to what you'd see if you called me at this point. I have everything I need to do complete restorations, dent work, silver soldering, manufacturing of parts from scratch, the whole 9 yards. Don't hesitate to write me with ridiculous inquiries, I'll probably get a kick out of it!

IMG_20181003_174519.jpg IMG_20180913_184509.jpg

If you want to see what two great jazz tenor players living and working in NYC sound like when forcibly accompanied by a beginner banjo player, take a gander at my Instagram! @blueridgehorns

Until then,

Dos

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,278 Posts
Dos recently made a housecall to Chez Budget with the Mobile Repair Unit - it was awesome and he got my horn purring!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I may take a ride up to see you when you get back to Virginia. Of course, I'll have to save my pennies for a while. :)
Are you splitting your time between NY and VA when you're not on the road?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there GT! I spend most of my time in VA, actually. I grew up in Etlan, and still have my family's place available to me to continue working on the van, so I'll be here quite a bit until it's finished. The runs to NY and elsewhere are primarily to pickup/dropoff horns. I pass through your neck of the woods from time to time and would be happy to swing by sometime in late Oct/early Nov when I get back.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,172 Posts
Psst... San Diego isn't along the way! I do like the concept and cool to combine your work with fun, enjoy!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Hi there GT! I spend most of my time in VA, actually. I grew up in Etlan, and still have my family's place available to me to continue working on the van, so I'll be here quite a bit until it's finished. The runs to NY and elsewhere are primarily to pickup/dropoff horns. I pass through your neck of the woods from time to time and would be happy to swing by sometime in late Oct/early Nov when I get back.
That would be very cool. I don't think I'll be ready to spend any serious money by then but I do have some stuff I'd like your opinion on. Especially a Kohlert 57 tenor...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts