1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
482 Posts
Sounds great, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very very nice!!! Not sure where I got my concept as to speed of this tune, but you do it a bit faster than I do. SO very nicely done!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Killin' - I may have to take a break from listening to/transcribing Eric Alexander so I can spend some time checking out Roger Nordling. Very much in the same vein that I dig about Eric: straight-ahead, modern approach with a great tone. Currently on my 4th listen. Thanks for sharing, Roger!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Most excellent, Roger.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,312 Posts
Really nice band,and great playing Roger!
Thanks for posting.
Regards
Mario

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,011 Posts
Beautiful is that a link with the log on upside down...

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful is that a link with the log on upside down...
Haha you noticed! Its a rs Berkeley Potter piece with a Link ligature upside down. I find that many link ligatures doesn’t seal the reed to the table very well but by turning it over I got a much better seal. The pressure plate is removed and only the screw goes into the back of the mouthpiece. It’s works! But don’t tell anyone....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great tune and the melodic improvisation is really nice. I recently learned to play this song and in the process of learning the chords.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Really great playing Roger. Each chorus has something new an interesting. Clearly I could hear influences but you definitely have your own thing going. A joy to listen to but now i’ve to figure out all those hip sounds. Like I need more to work on. 😢

1 - 17 of 17 Posts