Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my DiMedici alto flute I shopped around for a good, stable, peg. Long story short I settled on the Blayman peg. I know, it's pricey. Part of me thinks it was crazy to spend that much on a peg. However, I am very impressed with how stable my alto flute is with it.

Happily, the Blayman peg fits perfectly both my older Beecher saxophone stand and a new Hamilton 5-peg stand. Therefore, I see no need to get the heavy Blayman base and haul it along with all of my other equipment.

I'm so impressed with the Blayman alto flute peg that I went all out and got Blayman pegs for my clarinet and C flute. They have a much more stable feeling with the Blayman pegs than with the Beechler pegs I've been using for quite a few years.

Roger

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I got my alto, but I didn't have a stand that fit the Blayman thread (why aren't these standard)*%)*$%)

I bought a hunk of steel at a local scrap yard, cleaned it up and drilled and tapped three holes. Ended up buying a C flute and Bb clarinet peg as well. I also ended up turning a small brass adapter to screw the Blayman into my K&L stand....raises the whole thing about 2 cm, but no big deal.

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Roger I've had Blayman stands for my instruments for years..soprano sax, clt, flute, picc. altoflute and their great bass clarinet stand. I even had my repairman scale up a copy of the altoflute design for my bassflute. I'm also using a Blayman base for a custom designed stand for my new King saxello.
Together with saxrax they are the best around and a solid investment.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
Roger Aldridge said:
Happily, the Blayman peg fits perfectly both my older Beecher saxophone stand and a new Hamilton 5-peg stand. Therefore, I see no need to get the heavy Blayman base and haul it along with all of my other equipment.
WHile I did get the heavy Blayman base, which is great and secure for my studio, I still need something to go remote with my alto flute peg...did the Hamilton 5-peg stand just fit the Blayman pegs with no modifications?? I'm getting tired of messing with the little adapter...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts