Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have blank CD-R's with my name and studio logo on them for various demo's and teaching assignments.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have them and I was wondering if you would share with us how much you paid and how the quality was etc?

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,100 Posts
I just buy printable blank CDRs and use Photoshop for name and logo and a labelling software (DiscLabel) to print on them. CDRs are so cheap nowI don't even remember what they cost, but I don't get the cheapest, I prefer something with a brand I can trust (, eg. Verbatim) as I'm no expert on blank CDRs

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm a fan of LightScribe (might be available on HP computers only?) - looks very professional & the lightscribe CDs aren't a lot more expensive than regular CD-Rs.

·
Premium Member
26,249 Posts
CDs are SOOooo 20th century....

Cloud-based storage is where it's at.

·
Registered
406 Posts
CDs are SOOooo 20th century....

Cloud-based storage is where it's at.
As somebody who considers himself up on the latest technologies, I've got to agree with Hakukani in the sense that CD's are nice...but you can distribute a higher quality, richer sound simply by using a USB thumb drive. Depending on where you live, you can pick these little guys up for not much at all - to the tune of $5 for a CD's worth of tunes. If you're trying to show your prowess as a sound engineer, I would select this route. Let people put it on their ipods from the thumb drive, and then they will enjoy the music wherever.

My cousin owns his own recording studio in N. Vancouver. He orders his thumb drives custom in his logo colors with his logo on the actual drive. He buys them in ridiculous lots, to the tune of 10,000, but that distributor has since closed.

He has distributed these to some very, VERY notable musicians - Sanborn and Olivia Newton John to name a couple, and nearly all have made positive remarks regarding this system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts