Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night the band did not burn the place down but we held the crowd. But it seems that the cooks and wait staff are given all the credit when the place does well but let one bad night come and all its all the bands fault and some times in the past the first to get the ax. A bar maid was on our case about her 60.00 dollars in tips (we play 2 sets) because she did not make her 150.00 average. She came on the band stand twice to say we were putting people to sleep (not one empty table in the place) but I think it was just her. Most of the time it does not get to me but the last straw was her saying I hope we have a better band next week, I did not over hear this she said this to us, man I wanted to knock that Bi..... out!! Anyway what do you say or do or say to a person who is messing up your show like that?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Try these, or find some better ones:

Get the **** off the stage, lady.
Bad service on your part does not become the responsibility of the band.
The band takes no responsibility for your income.
I hope we have better looking cocktail waitresses at our next gig.
If you'd knock off the sauce, you'd probably get better tips.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The rude, arrogant attitude she displayed to you could well explain her lack of tips that night... but give her one more chance, who knows what's happening in her life right now.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Rick Adams said:
The rude, arrogant attitude she displayed to you could well explain her lack of tips that night... but give her one more chance, who knows what's happening in her life right now.

Rick, you're not only a gentleman, but a truly nice guy.

Too bad.:D:D:D;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Maybe I could sell the beers and she could do the show. I didn't tell you guys that Steve Miller was in town this weekend as well but I,am sure that never cross her mind.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Unfortunately, we all must endeaver to develop a thick skin, and let insults and personal attacks roll right off us, while at the same time not losing sensitivity to others. This applies to other aspects of our lives besides music.

A healthy ego contributes to a thick skin.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
hakukani said:
Rick, you're not only a gentleman, but a truly nice guy.

Too bad.:D:D:D;)
Awww thanks. And yes it could explain why I'm poor as a church mouse :( :cry: :(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,208 Posts
hakukani said:
Get the **** off the stage, lady.
Bingo!
I think everybody has gone through this once (or way more often) in their career. Frankly, and I do mean this with all the respect due to people who run drink errand for others, I don't give a rats a** what somebody like this thinks, feels, wants or needs. People don't pay a cover to see the drink getter (unless it's a Hooters or something :D ).

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Isn't Hooters about owls?:shock:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe her tips were low because she spent all her time harassing the band instead of minding her tables.

We all go out to hear music. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind to tip less because they didn't like the band? Some people just need someone else to blame.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
If tables were leaving, complaining about the band, she'd have a point; but if her section was full, there's no way she can blame you for her lack of tips. She sounds like a rookie or a prima donna, either way, her talking to the band is WAY out of line. Maybe she's just stupid. There's great fluctuations in tips in some places. Maybe she just doesn't get it.....

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Saxomophone read my mind....I would have told her , with a smile, if she spent more time tending to her tables than complaining to the band she might have better tips.... tips, I said tiPs. :twisted:

that or next time she comes on stage hand her a mic. and let her sing the poor mouth blues.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Rule number one. My business is not with the wait staff, it is with the manager/owner. Tell her that if she has a real problem that she needs to talk to her manager and they can assess the situation and will talk to you directly. If this goes for ALL matters relating to the band. The manager should be able to tell if the if she is just projecting blame or not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bill Mecca, "The Poor Mouth Blues" love that man! I wish I could have thought of something like that when it all went down.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
DaveMac said:
Bill Mecca, "The Poor Mouth Blues" love that man! I wish I could have thought of something like that when it all went down.

I understand, I come up wit'em all the time, but never at THE time, know what I mean? :lol:

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,021 Posts
Bill Mecca said:
that or next time she comes on stage hand her a mic. and let her sing the poor mouth blues.
I don't know, Bill. This could end very badly. She just might take up the offer to sing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts