Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have received a couple of emails off the good folks at Borgani as i was wanting to know about the black finish on my new Borg tenor.I was told of the dealer it was a black lacquer finish,the only lacquer finish they do but i thought it was a sound alloy finish like there pearl alloy horns.Well its not lacquer as they dont do ANY lacquer horns,heres the info i got.

Dear Mr. David,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the pictures. Your Tenor Saxophone is a Black Silver, it is one of our sound alloy, we don't produce lacquered instruments. It is a special mix of silver, copper and other precious metals that we put over the brass. You could find the description of this sound alloys on our website (you find this sound alloys for Alto and Soprano Saxophones).

"Designed specifically for those saxophonists who play Pop, Rock, Fusion and Modern Jazz. A brilliant and powerful sound, very defined and with a great forward projection, makes it particularly suitable for playing on stage and in the horn section where amplification is being used, and where bass frequencies often tend to dominate the sound of the sax. It also appeals to the soloist who usually prefers a modern sound and uses metal mouthpieces which perfectly complement the increased speed of air capability of this silver-based alloy.It has a smart and contemporary look, characterised by the beautiful contrast of the gunbarrell colour of the sound body with the polished silver of the mechanics."

I am glad it is like the other alloy borgs for sure and not a lacquer.They also mentioned info on there flexitone ligatures and the new POWER neck
heres that neck info,

About the superpower neck you could find a lot of information at this web page http://www.borgani.eu/en/accessories/. This special kind of neck are designed to increase the power
of our Saxophones avoiding losses of other sound qualities, such as tone homogeneity or the perfect pitch. We produce them in "Vintage" brass or silver plated. If you would like you could buy it directly from our Company. If you will buy it we will need to receive a picture of your Tenor sax plug

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Your Tenor Saxophone is a Black Silver, it is one of our sound alloy, we don't produce lacquered instruments. It is a special mix of silver, copper and other precious metals that we put over the brass.
So may we deduce that it is a plating technique? Seems likely. The "sound alloys" descriptions make more sense in that context.

Regardless, I like the way the finish of your horn complements your outfit. I just don't understand why you don't look more happy.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DR G that mug shot was taken a few seconds after i told my wife i wanted ANOTHER borg horn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts