Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes we can make lemonade out of lemons .
I am so happy that that happened to this old stainless steel Berg Larsen.
Super comfortable and the tooth cushion does the job perfectly!
Wood Automotive lighting Bumper Eyewear Automotive exterior

Reactions: dexdex

·
Registered
931 Posts
I did that for a few weeks, played a metal Berg without the bite plate and I used a Runyon 3M dark rubber patch. It just didn't feel at the right height for me. I sent the mouthpiece to the mighty Mojo and he made a new insert for me but he made some nice corrections on the facing curve and did some tip work to the mouthpiece along with flattening the table. ALL BERGS are flawed! I have 6 Bergs and everyone of them has been adjusted to optimize their performance. The design of these mouthpieces is wonderful, Old Man Berg certainly knew what her was doing!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did that for a few weeks, played a metal Berg without the bite plate and I used a Runyon 3M dark rubber patch. It just didn't feel at the right height for me. I sent the mouthpiece to the mighty Mojo and he made a new insert for me but he made some nice corrections on the facing curve and did some tip work to the mouthpiece along with flattening the table. ALL BERGS are flawed! I have 6 Bergs and everyone of them has been adjusted to optimize their performance. The design of these mouthpieces is wonderful, Old Man Berg certainly knew what her was doing!
That's another option that I've been thinking of (just in case I failed replacing the bite plate). The piece plays very well for me, but optimizing sounds good too.

Is this like the saxophone version of The Great Reset ("I own nothing, and I couldn't be happier!")? :devilish:
I'd like to be happy whether I own things or not, but I do have to admit that I prefer to own things rather than not. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts