Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone playing on a drake's charlie parker mpc?
I was playing today on one and it felt really good but unfortunally liitle pricey.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,802 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Neff,
Good Luck with the back surgery! Hope it solves your pain issues.

guido

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,951 Posts
Anyone playing on a drake's charlie parker mpc?
I was playing today on one and it felt really good but unfortunally liitle pricey.
I did try one a couple of months back, very nice indeed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,596 Posts
I couldn't find this mouthpiece on the website, just an ad for them.
Aaron makes the mouthpieces but Rs Berkeley is the main distributor for them contact them for the legend series pieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
There has been much guessing whether it was Bird's Brilhart Tonalin that has been copied or his Runyon "22". If I remember right, his Brilhart Tonalin was a Streamline. That model requires a smaller ligature, like a clarinet size. Any comments on the diameter of the bird drake ? FYI, a Streamline has a diameter of 24 mm (.946") at the point where the window ends (the bottom) and is 26,7 mm (1.05") at the thickest point. A (modern) "22" is 25,7 mm (1.01") at the bottom of the window, and 27,7 mm (1.09") at the thickest point.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember that i had problem with lig. Now tried the lig on my (normal) tonalin: no problem. Played like brilhart although i never played runyon.
The 4 (tip 62) was not that small i thought it would be, the 5 was realy different in color of tone then 4 and 6 (strange) . 6 was the one i liked the most.
Color is white

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts