Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a melody that should be easily picked by ear. Write out your own sheets if they're all wrong.
I'm only fairly new to the saxophone. Is it wrong to ask for a score from experienced players for the peace of mind to know that it is correct ?
If I had the ability to write out my own sheets, I wouldn't have wasted my time here posting unconstructive comments.

To quote your good self to another forum member in a previous post......Thanks for being an ***hole.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,935 Posts
I'm only fairly new to the saxophone. Is it wrong to ask for a score from experienced players for the peace of mind to know that it is correct ?
If I had the ability to write out my own sheets, I wouldn't have wasted my time here posting unconstructive comments.

To quote your good self to another forum member in a previous post......Thanks for being an ***hole.
It is never too early and never to late to get started.

Regardless of whether you are able to find a printed version you like,

making one yourself, if you can write, or figuring it out by ear without paper,

that skill will be a great benefit.

In addition, even if you are not interested in gaining this skill for some reason,

other folks might see this thread, and they might, for the first time, consider the

possibility of picking out, however slowly, a melody for themselves by ear.

Very few folks are born with the skill. Most have to struggle at first.
It gets easier with practice.

Perhaps urging a noob to get started on such a project while they continue to look for the
sheet music is not intended to be mean spirited.

[I do not have "Piano Man" sheet music, either. Sorry.]

· Finally Distinguished
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
3,716 Posts
You must read music if you're looking for charts. Might I recommend you start with a chart you have and mark it up with corrections. I"m a reader not a memorizer. Probably would be a better player if I did memorize but it's never been something I could do. So I read. I take a sheet music page that's close and make corrections to it in pencil. Add accent marks or slurs or whatever is needed as I listen to the original. It helps me to learn it just going through the exercise.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps urging a noob to get started on such a project while they continue to look for the
sheet music is not intended to be mean spirited.
Ok.Thanks guys.
I apologise to swperry1 if there was no mean spirit intended.That's the way it came across to me.

Yes, I do read music. It's just that I've seen many different versions of the song, I don't know which one is correct.
I just wanted to be sure that the score I was reading from was as close to the original as possible.

Noob.

· Just a guy who plays saxophone.
5,888 Posts
No worries. What others have said is what I was getting at. I just meant that any melody you know cold without having to refer to a recording is one that will come easy on an instrument. Yes, writing out a chart is a big thing to take on. Starting with one that’s close and fixing it is a great way to ease your way in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.