Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of sub-forums here, not sure if this is where people generally hang...

but I just wanted to give a big thanks to Mark Sepinuck, who goes by 10mfan.

I posted a question in the beginner forum about mouthpieces. I had bought myself an inexpensive sax on Ebay awhile ago, and hadn't considered the mouthpiece before, and I was just wondering how much difference the mouthpiece makes, etc. The sound I was getting was a bit on the harsh side, plus trouble with squeaking and so on.

Mark Sepinuck, out of the blue, a complete stranger on the internet, offered to give me a mouthpiece as an early Christmas present! How unbelievably cool is that?!

He asked me what sort of sound I wanted, etc, and shortly later, I received a Vandoren V16 T6 mouthpiece in the mail!

He has been incredibly helpful with reeds and such, and the difference in sound I'm getting is monumentally better! Not harsh, no squeaking. Great!

So anyway, just a very big thanks to Mark. Amazingly kind. :cheers::salute::angel4::cool::notworth:

Thanks Mark!

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
Hi,
Happy to help out. I knew this would be a much better set up for you and I’m glad we were able to talk about reeds and all of that. It’s so important.
Great to make a new friend, and if you have questions with stuff, you have my email and can contact me anytime.
I taught for two decades, and I’m always happy to share.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
1,994 Posts
Great story!

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
There is no surprise (to me) that Mark is always pleasing people!

He once called me after not talking to me for a year or 3, just under a year or 2 after my stroke just to see how I was doing. Keep in mind he's in Florida and I am in New York. Just a kind hearted guy who is trying to change the saxophone world for the better, one mouthpiece at a time!!

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
Thank you, guys. Very nice of you.
I hope is everyone is having a fantastic holiday season!

Ray, enjoy the mouthpiece and stay in touch.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Proud to be his neighbor. A pro-level player, but so generous and kind-hearted to the learners, no matter what stage.

Mark is one of the great ambassadors for our passion. Thanks, Mark!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
This warms my heart, firstly Marks awesome generosity, and secondly the thank you note.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This warms my heart, firstly Marks awesome generosity, and secondly the thank you note.
Warms my heart, too!

On top of that, turns out Mark is a Beatle fan. When he first offered, I looked at his profile, because I wondered what the deal was, this being the internet and all, who would do that?! Saw that he was a Beatle fan, so I knew it was all good! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
Thank you, guys.
HUGE Beatles fan!
Seriously, can’t get enough. They help make every day more FABulous.

....And in the end, the sound you make, is equal to the reed and mouthpiece you partake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts