Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this photo (hopefully I've attached it correctly) of Big Jay with a Martin (pretty sure!) which came in a booklet with the CD "The Big Horn" (nice title):twisted:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Looks like a martin to me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Hey, he's holding my sax!!!:x I heard he sold his favorite sax to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame awhile back. I was told it was a Conn.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Heck, he's just like us. I've seen pictures of him with HR mpcs, Links, Dukoffs, the Green and Red Conn, Selmers and now the Martin. he's afflicted with the disease as well. :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Favorite sax

Honeyboy said:
I heard he sold his favorite sax to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame awhile back. I was told it was a Conn.
In this CD booklet most of the pictures were of him playing a Conn - I guess he kept his Martin at home because it was so special he didnt want to gig with it :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
chkymnky said:
In this CD booklet most of the pictures were of him playing a Conn - I guess he kept his Martin at home because it was so special he didnt want to gig with it :)
Yeah, that's got to be it! Or maybe it got stolen and he had to settle for the Conn. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts