Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a used Cannonball Big Bell 107000 Tenor.
Wonderful instrument, only suffers from bad intonation caused by bad adjustment of key heights.
If anyone owns a Big Bell in original/factory adjustment I´d be really greatful if he could measure some of the original key heights for me:
Just find eg. a pencil with the same diameter as the distance between tonhole and pad and measure its diameter (cautiously insert). Just need one key of left hand stack (eg. B) one of right hand stack (eg. F), low C, and low Bb. Rough figures in mm are enough. Maybe several of you can post, so to get a final average ?

Thanks a lot for looking !

PS.. Posted similar topic in the tech section before, but couldn´t get this info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, there must be someone with factory setup Big Bell Tenor, who can measure the key hights. Or at least post why you can´t do it !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a while, but Cannonball finally got back to me and here are the key hights:

B: 7 mm
F: 8.5 mm
Low C: 12 mm
Low B: 11.5 mm
Low Bb: 10.5 mm

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah i noticed that...especially not because of that, but because im in 7th grd and my hands are smaller then the avg 7th grader...girls have bigger hands then me lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts