Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,430 Posts
Good sound and great solo. Lots of it reminded me of Earl Bostic!

·
3,940 Posts
Could only get better by being there! Thanks for sharing.
PS🐷

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
Dave,
You sound fantastic and it's such a great solo with so much energy. I’m so honored you are having fun with your new mouthpiece!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds great, Dave! Really nice solo, you build it up nicely and even leave some space. And I can tell you're having fun with it, and that's what it's all about, or should be. Great sounding band too.

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
That’s how I describe it too. If I am playing a mouthpiece and I keep saying how fun it is to play, then I know I’m on to something.
The fun factor is really important. I even have that up on the website. The experience needs to be enjoyable so you can play your best.

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
isn't it fantastic to solo with all those musicians supporting us,and looks like your leader gives you a huge amount of freedom!
kickin'
It's a blast! The band is full of spectacular musicians and yes the leader let's us PLAY!

Could only get better by being there! Thanks for sharing.
PS🐷
Thanks! I'll let you know when I'm in LA, and you let me know when you're near NYC!

·
Registered
88 Posts
"See my avatar picture!!"

Yup, love the hat, Dave. I think your students are lucky to have a teacher that can really play and teach. I also really enjoy your comedy videos, sometimes I really need a good laugh :) I'm thinking of changing my name to Robby P!

·
Registered
88 Posts
"That’s how I describe it too. If I am playing a mouthpiece and I keep saying how fun it is to play, then I know I’m on to something.
The fun factor is really important. I even have that up on the website. The experience needs to be enjoyable so you can play your best."

Exactly right. When I'm playing I forget about all the BS in life and just enjoy being alive.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Nice solo Dave. Few too many notes, but nice nonetheless. LOL I know how it is with the big bands, you have to get it all in with only one or two solos for the whole gig.

BTW, what is that rail in front of the saxophones? Keep them from falling off the stage???

Seriously, beautiful playing as always, and that Daddy-O sounds great :)

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice solo Dave. Few too many notes, but nice nonetheless. LOL I know how it is with the big bands, you have to get it all in with only one or two solos for the whole gig.

BTW, what is that rail in front of the saxophones? Keep them from falling off the stage???

Seriously, beautiful playing as always, and that Daddy-O sounds great :)
Hahah, I don’t know what the railing is for. Glad you dug it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts