Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think ....

Big B on Ebay

Is this expensive? I would love one of these!

I can't buy it anyway as the seller doesn't ship outside US. Unfortunately this shipment policy is rather common among US ebay sellers.

Regards

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
I can't buy it anyway as the seller doesn't ship outside US. Unfortunately this shipment policy is rather common among US ebay sellers.
That policy is easily subverted if one develops an association with a person in the U.S.

No, I'm not volunteering (but I have done it for others in the past).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi,
A really nice on--alto--sold for 1,300 on ebay not long ago, if that helps. Regarding the intl sales issue, depends if you travel to the U.S. frequently. I find people are pretty reasonable and will hold things if you ask them to wait till you are in the U.S. You have to pay up front, of course, and have a US address they can eventually ship to.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice example and the price is certainly not out of line if it really needs a just a neck cork. I live less than an hour from Warren and if you really want it we may be able to work something out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am definitely interested! Problem is that I accidentally just bought yet another truetone alto (This time a late example with fork F and roller G#). This will be my fifth alto, and on top of that I have 2 tenors, a C-melody and a soprano. My wife might kill me.!? The case you mention in the ebay text, is it a saxophone case?

Regards

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a pretty nice example and the price is certainly not out of line if it really needs a just a neck cork. I live less than an hour from Warren and if you really want it we may be able to work something out.
Thanks! I'll have to think about it until tomorrow (CET) for the above mentioned reason. I couldn't find the horn in the markedplace section here, are you sure its the same horn? BTW, Its relisted @ ebay: here

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,008 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to think about it until tomorrow (CET) for the above mentioned reason. I couldn't find the horn in the markedplace section here, are you sure its the same horn? BTW, Its relisted @ ebay: here
It says 'ended, Sept 7.' So doesn't that mean the sale has gone through? Looks like the horn sold for $699.

To answer your question in the OP, no that's not expensive at all for a great horn like that one. I'd say that's a very good price for a top line pro alto. And, imo, those Bueschers blow away the modern horns in terms of tone quality. They also play with very good intonation and the ergos are just fine once you get used to them. Plus no one can dispute they are built to last. To get all that for such a low price is a real bargain in my book.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It says 'ended, Sept 7.' So doesn't that mean the sale has gone through? Looks like the horn sold for $699.

To answer your question in the OP, no that's not expensive at all for a great horn like that one. I'd say that's a very good price for a top line pro alto. And, imo, those Bueschers blow away the modern horns in terms of tone quality. They also play with very good intonation and the ergos are just fine once you get used to them. Plus no one can dispute they are built to last. To get all that for such a low price is a real bargain in my book.
Sorry: new link

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
What an odd mix of items from this seller. Polo shirts and musical instruments -- usually large brasswinds.

·
23,008 Posts
Ok, got it. Everything I said still stands. If I was looking for an alto, I'd jump all over that. The buy it now price is a reasonably good deal. It's a great deal if the horn is in good playing condition, but I wouldn't count on that, even if the seller says so. As with any horn on ebay, be prepared to spend some money having it put into top playing condition. Even if you have to put a couple hundred into it, you're still getting a good deal, imo.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, got it. Everything I said still stands. If I was looking for an alto, I'd jump all over that. The buy it now price is a reasonably good deal. It's a great deal if the horn is in good playing condition, but I wouldn't count on that, even if the seller says so. As with any horn on ebay, be prepared to spend some money having it put into top playing condition. Even if you have to put a couple hundred into it, you're still getting a good deal, imo.
Would you do me the favor and receive it and then forward it to me? If yes, I would appreciate if you could do a fast check as well, as there is a "7 days money back" option.

Regards
Kulos

·
23,008 Posts
Would you do me the favor and receive it and then forward it to me? If yes, I would appreciate if you could do a fast check as well, as there is a "7 days money back" option.

Regards
Kulos
Sorry Kulos, I don't do anything on ebay and wouldn't know how to begin fact checking a 7-day money back option. Although that sounds like a very good and generous option for ebay. I've never heard of anyone on ebay offering a trial period like that!

But maybe someone on here who is used to making ebay deals could help you out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry Kulos, I don't do anything on ebay and wouldn't know how to begin fact checking a 7-day money back option. Although that sounds like a very good and generous option for ebay. I've never heard of anyone on ebay offering a trial period like that!

But maybe someone on here who is used to making ebay deals could help you out.
No problem!

....If I was looking for an alto, I'd jump all over that.....
As I'm not living in the US, I'm prevented from jumping in this case!

Regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts