Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several sheet music books that I want to make digital copies of. My house could burn down tomorrow and I would lose thousands of dollars in sheet music and my personal sheet music that I transcribed. It would be really easy for me to make digital copies and back it up on a USB drive and put it in my fire box. What is the best way to do this?

I am planning on scanning all the books to individual book folders on my computer. Then I need to make a digital book out of the folders. What is a good program to make digital books for sheet music? I found a program called "unpaper" and I do not like it. Does anyone on here have experience backing up your sheet music to a digital copy?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing this with all my books. Check this out.

http://www.jazz-sax.com/2010/12/best-practices-to-scan-old-books-into-pdfs/

Basically, get a paper cutter, a sheet feed scanner, and Acrobat. Scan everything in at 300 dpi or higher, then use Acrobat to take the TIFFs and put them all together.
Thank you for the reply but I really don't want to cut my books up. They are in excellent condition. I like the idea of scanning to above 300 dpi, then using Acrobat to put the Tiffs together. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts